Register   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in
Any good cyberpunk MMORPG

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cyberpunk Review Forum Index » Virtual Meatspace View previous topic :: View next topic  

Any good cyberpunk MMORPG
 PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:38 am Reply with quote  
Enigma's Little Pet

Is their any good cyberpunk MMORPG?

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:35 pm Reply with quote  
Enigma's Little Pet

i have played Neocron and its pretty good for a cyberpunk style MMORPG. There is also a newer one you can try out Neocron Evolution. I havent tried the second one myself, but it looks pretty cool.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:00 pm Reply with quote  
Enigma's Little Pet

Thanks man I just want to play a good cyberpunk mmorpg Till the day we can jack our brains in to cyberspace

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:01 pm Reply with quote  
Bit-Junkie

There is a Matrix MMORPG - not sure how good it is though, as I have never played it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:42 pm Reply with quote  
Enigma's Little Pet

There is free Anarchy Online.

But no, it's not good :p

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:00 am Reply with quote  
Meat

List I created.

http://www.cyberpunkreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=125

Neocron and MxO
 PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:10 am Reply with quote  
Enigma's Little Pet

I gotta weight in about these two, having played both. Neocron was, well, an incredible story wrapped around a painfully average MMO engine. I tried it with a few friends and it really did nothing for me, other than I spent a lot of time at terminals reading backstory.

MxO (the Matrix Online) seems to have been a great idea that was either ahead of its time, or just poorly implemented (I imagine it didn't help that SOE took it over a while back). I played it shortly after release for a month or two, and it had some really awesome ideas and what not in it. Problem was that after you did that sort of thing, you still were running around doing kill missions much of the time. Plus, the combat system wasn't interactive enough for me (the rock-paper-scissors part of it was modified some, I think, in their Combat 2.0 patch, but that doesn't seem to have stopped them from hemorraging users).

Though one of the great things about MxO is that the story events (which, again, I hear have been greatly reduced, if not eliminated altogether, after SOE purchased the game) were canonical. Not only that, but even though the player characters couldn't really move from server to server at will (at least they couldn't at the time I played it), the NPCs could, so you didn't have any problems with 20 different Matrix Universes running around.

Me, I'm still waiting for something that is Cyberpunk and has real-time combat that relies on player skill instead of the traditional MMO combat (which, to give proper credit, MxO did attempt to at least evolve away from, even if it didn't remove it entirely). I'd really like to see a GitS-universe one, personally.

the closest thing I can think of a Cyberpunk MMO right now is Second Life. It doesn't really have the *look* of a Cyberpunk MMO, but the ability to adjust your environment depending on your programming skills and understanding of the virtual world is pretty unique amongst graphical MMOs (not amongst the old school, text-only MUSE/MUSH systems, though).

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cyberpunk Review Forum Index » Virtual Meatspace

Jump to: