Register   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in
Recently purchased!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cyberpunk Review Forum Index » Virtual Meatspace View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:51 pm Reply with quote  
Enigma's Little Pet

Just bought a kindle 3.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:56 pm Reply with quote  
Electronic Buddha

datarez wrote:
Just bought a kindle 3.

Initial thoughts? Responsive, clear display, anything?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:09 pm Reply with quote  
Enigma's Little Pet

It arrives tomorrow, I'll let you know. I got tired of reading on my iphone 4 and my laptop. I hate buying physical items like books, dvds and cds so I figured I should get a more long term solution for books.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:37 pm Reply with quote  
Shit-Posting Jaggernaut

Books made out of paper are

Romantic. Old-fashiioned

like me...

old and romantic.

never mind.....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:21 pm Reply with quote  
Disposable Assassin

Stormtrooper of Death wrote:
Books made out of paper are

Romantic. Old-fashiioned

like me...

old and romantic.

never mind.....

So old fashioned that stormy sees in sepia.
What's more important, the data or the jazz? Sure, sure, 'Information should be free' and all that- but anyone can set information free. the jazz is in how you do it & what you do it to. the data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:26 pm Reply with quote  
Enigma's Little Pet

the Kindle came in today. My only downside is the interface is a little clunky but you don't have to use it that often, just to get new books, or to switch books. You can just use your computer to push books to it too.

E-ink looks really good. It just looks like a professionally printed sheet is sitting on your device. the color is a little different. It's a grey background instead of white, black or sepia. the biggest change is no back light. It's just odd to hold an electronic device with a screen that emits no light. So if it's dark you'll have to turn on a light to read. That's at least a little old fashioned right?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:08 am Reply with quote  
Disposable Assassin

In the post currently. All metal body, Sliding canopy, pop up machine guns and a slide out turbine engine. 1:18 scale.

Chicks dig the car.
What's more important, the data or the jazz? Sure, sure, 'Information should be free' and all that- but anyone can set information free. the jazz is in how you do it & what you do it to. the data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:24 am Reply with quote  
Enigma's Little Pet

nice. i've always been more of a fan of the original batmobile over any other ones. the tumbler was very cool... just NOT a batmobile. Razz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:37 am Reply with quote  
Keyboard Samurai

El Phantasmo wrote:

Borders is finally closing down where I live and they got the big sale going on. I also wanted to score Stephenson's Diamond Age, Stevie King's Under the Dome, and one last issue of Bizarre but all that shit was already gone along with their cafeteria.

Pfft, apparently it was all bullshit so they could get rid of all the rare merchandise they weren't selling! the cafeteria's still gone though...

MS Natural Ergo KB 4000 & Logitech Performance MX Ergo M
 PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:20 am Reply with quote  
Electronic Buddha

Just got this as a replacement for the "square's keyboard" that came as default on my developer workstation. I was a bit disappointed at the control in the split, as it's currently configured as "zoom" for pages (worthless, in my use case). the configuration app didn't allow for me to change it to scroll (I like the idea of keeping my hands in the home position as much as possible), but I discovered editing a Commands.xml file in C:\Program Files\Mirosoft Intellitype Pro\ folder allows me to map those commands. Hooray! Anyhow:

Also, I got this Logitech Performance MX mouse, for same workstation. One thing I noted as a really nice feature is that the scroll mouse has toggle-able "stops" on it (see button below mouse wheel in pic), and has a bit of mass, so the scroll wheel can act as a flywheel, of sorts, so a flick of the finger can scroll from page top to page bottom. the toggle returns the mouse wheel back to traditional "stops" mode, for switching weapons in gaming more easily, I gather:

And, if anyone's curious why I go for the little-loved, much hated split-key ergonomic keyboards: I had tendinitis at one time, and getting a split-key keyboard at the time, along with certain hand exercises, fixed my issue before too much damage to the carpal tunnel became permanent.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:53 am Reply with quote  
Enigma's Little Pet

Taking advantage of Borders' demise today, I acquired another copy of Neuromancer. I seem to never get my copies returned to me after lending them out, but hey it's that good! Also I bought Brave New Worlds, a collection of dystopian stories by various authors, edited by John Joseph Adams. He also put together Wastelands Stories of the Apocalypse, which is a must have and by far my favorite compilation of short stories.
My original plan was to find Rewired, but after hunting for the better part of two hours I realized I wasn't going to find it. Sad

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:16 pm Reply with quote  
Keyboard Samurai

And put down $5 on R@GE.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:57 am Reply with quote  
Net-Daemon

Now that is a mind-bender...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:51 am Reply with quote  
Keyboard Samurai

Well yeah it is a puzzle game, but you figure out realk quick it's also just another Japanese horror game with Freudian propaganda.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:08 pm Reply with quote  
Enigma's Little Pet

tonehog: I have that keyboard. I really like it.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cyberpunk Review Forum Index » Virtual Meatspace
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Jump to: