Register   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in
Hints and tips for self-protection for real cyberpunks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cyberpunk Review Forum Index » Virtual Meatspace View previous topic :: View next topic  

 PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:41 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Stormtrooper of Death
Shit-Posting Jaggernaut

Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 2940
Location: Neo-Tokyo/Eindhoven/Holland/Europe

I also like playing RPG games, but lets continue with the topic, please.

Hints and tips for self-protection for real cyberpunks
_________________
Greetings from Stormtrooper of Death, member of the High Tech Team, Duty of Thelema, Knights of the Holy Grail,Eindhoven Punk Squad (EPS) , DV8, the Dream Team and the Corporation


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

 PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:18 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  El Phantasmo
Keyboard Samurai

Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 899
Location: Shotgun City, Narconacion

Burnt_Lombard wrote:
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfsy91EZXL1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg


So that's why gun experts claim the Desert Eagle ain't worth a fuck... Surprised

EDIT: Also, if there was ever a handgun that needs to be carried around the back like Deckard's gun / Guts's Dragonslayer, it's this one.
_________________
the party's over! You've been using cocaine and you've had too much to drink! If you think more cocaine will keep you awake while you drive home, think again!


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

 PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:00 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  El Phantasmo
Keyboard Samurai

Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 899
Location: Shotgun City, Narconacion

War! War never changes!
_________________
the party's over! You've been using cocaine and you've had too much to drink! If you think more cocaine will keep you awake while you drive home, think again!


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

 PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:52 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  iHME
Cyberjunkie

Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 298

Gepard GM6 Lynx .50 Caliber Rifle, making it even more plausible for thin chicks to wield a fifty-cal, and this one is even in the more powerful russian cartidge. A bulp-up fiftycal that has low recoil and is manufactured in Eastern-Europe? 'aint that cyberpunk.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/02/09/gepard-gm6-lynx-50-caliber-rifle/
_________________
function over form


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:56 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Gunhead
Engineer

Joined: 11 Aug 2008
Posts: 1893
Location: California Republic

Saw that thing last week. Very sexy.
_________________
Art, Games, and bad writing
Omake wrote:

the USA is to meatspace as 4chan is to cyberspace


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:30 am Reply with quote  
Message
  tonehog
Electronic Buddha

Joined: 01 Feb 2009
Posts: 2323
Location: y=1/x,x=0

iHME wrote:
Gepard GM6 Lynx .50 Caliber Rifle, making it even more plausible for thin chicks to wield a fifty-cal, and this one is even in the more powerful russian cartidge. A bulp-up fiftycal that has low recoil and is manufactured in Eastern-Europe? 'aint that cyberpunk.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/02/09/gepard-gm6-lynx-50-caliber-rifle/


Bullpup AND hi-cal. I'm enamoured. Gorgeous.
_________________
__o__


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

 PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:43 am Reply with quote  
Message
  KBlack
More Machine Than Man

Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Posts: 2164
Location: Quebec, Canada

tonehog wrote:
iHME wrote:
Gepard GM6 Lynx .50 Caliber Rifle, making it even more plausible for thin chicks to wield a fifty-cal, and this one is even in the more powerful russian cartidge. A bulp-up fiftycal that has low recoil and is manufactured in Eastern-Europe? 'aint that cyberpunk.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/02/09/gepard-gm6-lynx-50-caliber-rifle/


Bullpup AND hi-cal. I'm enamoured. Gorgeous.


NeoDecker would smite you. But he's not coming around here anymore Sad
_________________
Knowledge is power.
Information seeks freedom.
A Cyberpunk short story written by yours truly


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

 PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:43 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Hildr
Bit-Junkie

Joined: 08 Feb 2011
Posts: 175
Location: Canada

I think it's important to know how to defend yourself unarmed, as well as with weapons.

Weapon wise, I've never been a fan of guns. Eventually I plan to learn how to operate firearms, but for now I stick to the basics:

- Hand to hand
- Blades
- Sticks/staffs
- Bows (I loved archery as a child, I can't give it up)
_________________
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:56 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Gunhead
Engineer

Joined: 11 Aug 2008
Posts: 1893
Location: California Republic

Once spring comes around I'm going to set up a target for my throwing knives in the backyard. Need to practice more.
_________________
Art, Games, and bad writing
Omake wrote:

the USA is to meatspace as 4chan is to cyberspace


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:00 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Wiggett
More Machine Than Man

Joined: 06 May 2007
Posts: 2101

Another bargument as old as the forums, I am with stormy, thunkung with your fusts Jakey, will get you nowhere fast. A real-world cyberpunk would use electronic warfare and non-lethal weapons like a taser or pepperspray, or perhaps a broken bottle if in a life threatening bar scenario. Using a gun is something the army/cops/mafia/paramilitary would use because that is all they know.

A real world cyberpunk would now how to evade being caught in this situation and really in a western country should only really come up vs the authorities, and fist fighting them is silly.

If the fantasy cyberpunk was real then that's a whole different matter as the world around them would be different. But I'll add some evasion tips for real world ones when I get home from work.

Edit: actuall a good example for those whom have seen girl with a dragon tattoo, she gets attacked by a gang in the subway and fights back with a bottle, all in all it wasnt how one pictures these sorts of fights, it was spur of the moment and neither side really bested the other. Both of them came off pretty badly. Good example of why thissort of shit is bad
_________________


Last edited by Wiggett on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:03 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Gunhead
Engineer

Joined: 11 Aug 2008
Posts: 1893
Location: California Republic

Wiggett wrote:
Another bargument as old as the forums, I am with stormy, thunkung with your fusts Jakey, will get you nowhere fast. A real-world cyberpunk would use electronic warfare and non-lethal weapons like a taser or pepperspray, or perhaps a broken bottle if in a life threatening bar scenario. Using a gun is something the army/cops/mafia/paramilitary would use because that is all they know.

A real world cyberpunk would now how to evade being caught in this situation and really in a western country should only really come up vs the authorities, and fist fighting them is silly.

If the fantasy cyberpunk was real then that's a whole different matter as the world around them would be different. But I'll add some evasion tips for real world ones when I get home from work.

A real cyberpunk would use any and all means at her disposal necessary to survive.
_________________
Art, Games, and bad writing
Omake wrote:

the USA is to meatspace as 4chan is to cyberspace


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:51 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Wiggett
More Machine Than Man

Joined: 06 May 2007
Posts: 2101

Yes, and a real cyberpunk lives in a dystopic corporate run future where they can access their computers with their brain! But real world cyberpunks don't need to fight the super secret agents like in the movies. the OP from stormy was about his getting in trouble with the law, and respectively it was answered with recording devices as the primary means to fight back

Edit: for example, I consider Julian assange a real world cyberpunk, he needs to vase the law rather than defend himself physically if the police arrest him. In girl with dragon tattoo, I consider her real world cyberpunk, no one helped her when the gang attacked and she fought back, but not because she trained for it but because she was a violent skitzo. In a situation like that martial arts will be less useful to you, it was shear luck and her tolerance for being hurt that got her where she went, not some fight training.

Second edit: that last example supports your last post but for the wrong reasons Very Happy
_________________


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:00 am Reply with quote  
Message
  KBlack
More Machine Than Man

Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Posts: 2164
Location: Quebec, Canada

A real cyberpunk is both a real punk and a real cyber.
_________________
Knowledge is power.
Information seeks freedom.
A Cyberpunk short story written by yours truly


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

 PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:09 am Reply with quote  
Message
  tonehog
Electronic Buddha

Joined: 01 Feb 2009
Posts: 2323
Location: y=1/x,x=0

KBlack wrote:
A real cyberpunk is both a real punk and a real cyber.


So what is a cyber again?


Stop trying to define. Just BE. Mr. Green
_________________
__o__


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

 PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:00 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  G4sM4sk
Disposable Assassin

Joined: 02 Feb 2010
Posts: 1471

tonehog wrote:
KBlack wrote:
A real cyberpunk is both a real punk and a real cyber.


So what is a cyber again?


Stop trying to define. Just BE. :mrgreen:


/signs
_________________
What's more important, the data or the jazz? Sure, sure, 'Information should be free' and all that- but anyone can set information free. the jazz is in how you do it & what you do it to. the data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz.


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cyberpunk Review Forum Index » Virtual Meatspace
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Xbox Xtreme by Scott Stubblefield