Register   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in
Hints and tips for self-protection for real cyberpunks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cyberpunk Review Forum Index » Virtual Meatspace View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:30 am Reply with quote  
Cyberjunkie

Scratch the bad day. Make that worst day ever. Know if it was the gunshot wound or the fall that killed him?

I know hitting the back of the head in the right spot can knock you unconscious, and potentially fatal.

EDIT:
I've been holding back on typing up some self defense things, because most of my knowledge would result in broken bones and torn ligaments if executed properly.

I also don't know what kind of armor your police use, Stormy, so the possibly non-lethal attacks may be difficult to execute.

But in any case, get your reflexes up and study good counter-attack moves. I wouldn't suggest using them unless you're prepared to run or to have a bunch of friends learn with you so you stand a chance.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:41 am Reply with quote  
Terminator X

FishSama909 wrote:
EDIT:
I've been holding back on typing up some self defense things, because most of my knowledge would result in broken bones and torn ligaments if executed properly.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:03 am Reply with quote  
Cyberjunkie

<_<
>_>

IS HE HERE?!
CHUUUUUUUUUCK! I LOVE YOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:42 am Reply with quote  
Terminator X

GagaISM wrote:
Was I the only one who LOL'ed hard at this thread? Anyway... If you want to learn self defense.

"Real" cyberpunks wouldn't LOL at this thread =P

GagaISM wrote:

I would advice you to check out Wing Tsung. That is by far the most effective close combat system.

Have you seen the IP man movies?

I think it's on par w/ numerous other close quarter combat systems. Silat looks pretty effective, same w/ that filipino knife fighting system, there's a few more. the Wing Tsung style fashion is beyond cool imo.

I have one of these belt buckles, but on mine the knuckles holes are covered making the device all the more concealed. Does anyone else have one of these belt knuckle devices or other type of wearable self defense instruments.

I think everyone should have at least something at all times. Here's something for Zaida.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:48 am Reply with quote  
Matrix explorer

g8rvalle wrote:
GagaISM wrote:
Was I the only one who LOL'ed hard at this thread? Anyway... If you want to learn self defense.

Why not? Not everyone's cut out to be a street samurai but that doesn't make them any less cyberpunk...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:12 pm Reply with quote  
Cyberjunkie

My friends and I back home REALLY wanted to be street samurai and we were pretty close. My room at our apartment doubled as the armoury.

@G8ville: No, but I want one of those belts really bad. My wife was looking at a pair of shoes like that though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:40 pm Reply with quote  
Terminator X

Calem wrote:
g8rvalle wrote:
GagaISM wrote:

Why not? Not everyone's cut out to be a street samurai but that doesn't make them any less cyberpunk...

"Real" cyberpunks would be cut out to be street samurais =P

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:49 pm Reply with quote  
Cyberjunkie

I'm a REAL boy!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:20 pm Reply with quote  
Matrix explorer

g8rvalle wrote:
Calem wrote:
g8rvalle wrote:
GagaISM wrote:

"Real" cyberpunks would be cut out to be street samurais =P

That definition is far too limited for me...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:42 pm Reply with quote  
Awakened Mind

All my post in this thread were DEAD serious and I'm cyberpunk as fuuuuuck.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:11 pm Reply with quote  
Terminator X

GagaISM wrote:
. If you want to learn self defense. I would advice you to check out Wing Tsung. That is by far the most effective close combat system.

I don't know from firsthand experience, but I've heard good things about Krav Maga in that respect as well. Hey if Mossad, the IDF and Shin Bet swear by it, it's got to be pretty effective.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:24 pm Reply with quote  
Shit-Posting Jaggernaut

Dont know about you folks, but Cyberpunks as well as the rest of humanity

either fight with their fists/body

or brains.

i myselve prefer to use my brains to fight an enemy
even when i do have a bit of muscle and streetwise dirty streetfight skils. (like using broken glass bottles to cut a neck or some other nasty things).

anyhow, some prefer brains above muscles.

like hackers. If your enemy is your LANDLORD ... you can either kick his balls

or hack his system and make his system believe that you paid the rent. (hackers, yeah man)

same thing on the street.

if you get a lot of fines by traveling by train without paying. you can either

insult the cops, fight them, whatever and sometimes still have to bleed/pay the fines

or

use your brain and get a fake card or so,, that makes it able to cheat the public transport system, and travel for free.

ya know

cyberpunk fighting or real fighting can be

brains or muscles...

simply as it.

and...
i am NO streetsamurai. i am more the hacker/dirty tug type.

Like a techno scorpion. I have a nasty tail and wits that can make it very difficult for my enemies to have an easy live.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:05 pm Reply with quote  
Cyberjunkie

Stormtrooper of Death wrote:

Like a techno scorpion. I have a nasty tail and wits that can make it very difficult for my enemies to have an easy live.

You're the first boss of Final Fantasy VII? Dude, win.

lol But I know what you mean.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:17 pm Reply with quote  
Shit-Posting Jaggernaut

FishSama909 wrote:
Stormtrooper of Death wrote:

You're the first boss of Final Fantasy VII? Dude, win.

lol But I know what you mean.

Didnt know that FF vII had a boss called Techno Scorpion.

hehe.

i am now sometimes playing FF X on my ps2. i have to tell that FF X on the PS2 has very nice inbetween video (or whatever ya call it) footage. And also a nice storyline.

FF XIV seems to be very bad. A lot of bugs etc.etc. Some wrote on the internets, that FF XIV could be Square Enix final swan song. or so.

Dont they have something like "Quality Control" or so ?

And where is muthafucking DEus Ex ? do we really have to wait till 2012 ?

okay, that was off-topic.

anyhow, another nice tip is, when some tugs try to enter your home, simply get a lot of water on the floor in front of your front door, have a nice cable with plus+minus, hack your electro meter (disable the fuse),

yell to them loud : Okay boys, make my muthafucking day. Let them smash the door, enter...

and give them bad-ass tugs, a terrific once-in-a-lifetime 40.000 volts electrocution.

oh, and dont forget to have a way to disable the hacked electro.

okay, your electro bill goes haywire, but yeah, those tugs are dead meat, and you survive, so, dont mind the 500$ or more of electricty costs.

did it once, and it worked... hehe.

in my dreams....

PS: dont try this at home, killing tugs is illegal, first of all call the cops, if cops dont come, and your life is in mortal danger, use above tips.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:31 pm Reply with quote  
Cyberjunkie

I think Square Enix just wants to make movies now, but that happens when a game company is bought out by their long time rival who have their feet more firmly planted in movies and TV shows than games.

It's kind of funny seeing FFXIV being called the last FF game considering that's what the first one was supposed to be (hence the name of the game and the franchise).

I like the potential for game designers to be able to make good RPGs that would be better than Final Fantasy in that vacuum though. Most signs are pointing to western developers like Bethesda and BioWare, but I like BioWare more because of the fact they have a team of fully developed characters in Mass Effect like most good JRPGs.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cyberpunk Review Forum Index » Virtual Meatspace
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Jump to: