Register   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in
Hints and tips for self-protection for real cyberpunks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cyberpunk Review Forum Index » Virtual Meatspace View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:56 pm Reply with quote  
Cyberjunkie

Here's another idea to get us back on topic that relates to running away.

Learn the area you're going to be in. Look a map over before you go, and walk around the area. As a motorcyclist, I was trained to ride while looking far ahead of me, anticipating moving obstacles, and planning escape routes. SEE is an acronym for the steps you take: Seek, Evaluate, & Execute.

I'm not encouraging getting into a vehicle if you're being chased, because you'll endanger everyone. Please don't. I'm not even saying resist arrest if your pursuers are real cops. That'll just get you in more shit when they catch you, and they will catch you. I'm just saying keep your head up and look and plan ahead.

As for self-defense, I've studied Tae Kwon Do. Learn to read people's movements to see where their attacks will come from. Watch their stance, their weight shifts, their wind-ups, and either get out of the way of put something there to block. I've never had to sacrifice a forearm bone to block an overhead attack, but I've learned how. It's better than getting knocked in the head. I've also studied Fencing. Learn to parry. Then riposte. And although Chinese internal arts have martial applications, I've studied Qi Gong, Tai Chi, and Pa Kua Zhang as energy practices.

Re: Hints and tips for self-protection for real cyberpunks
 PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:47 pm Reply with quote  
Meat

Stormtrooper of Death wrote:
I sometimes fight in real life against cops, when i join demonstrations against new rules from the goverment.

I am very bad at close combat fighting, so, any hints for fighting techniques ?

Some boys from LA told me, do not waste your time learning combat, just buy some AK47 or Uzi, when those corp pigs, or police bastards attack you, just shoot them... Remember Rodney King, LA 1992.
Anyhow, i am not violent, just wanting to defend my selve.

If you want only to defend yourself just use pepper spray easy to use and effective.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:20 am Reply with quote  
Lithium Pirate

You know, lately I've been watching too much TV.
And it's true, tvtropes will ruin your life D:
Exactly as advertised, and that's the issue
Even the forum has commercial interruptions.

the interesting thing was that what they showed in the simpsons in here, was a very nice satire about america, so maybe the revolution already happened.

IRC COMMANDS:
/server irc.esper.net
/join #cyberpunk

did you know there's the akihabara forum?

Re: Hints and tips for self-protection for real cyberpunks
 PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:22 am Reply with quote  
More Machine Than Man

kevinem wrote:

If you want only to defend yourself just use pepper spray easy to use and effective.

Also tastes great on nachos!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:55 pm Reply with quote  
Enigma's Little Pet

i got one of these for £10 on ebay

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:17 pm Reply with quote  
Disposable Assassin

Creepy but creepier that you appear naked while wearing it. :P
What's more important, the data or the jazz? Sure, sure, 'Information should be free' and all that- but anyone can set information free. the jazz is in how you do it & what you do it to. the data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:18 pm Reply with quote  
Enigma's Little Pet

Lol NO! im not the kinda person that finds the basement in pulp ficiton appealing, jus top off lol Smile its roasting

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:21 pm Reply with quote  
Cyberjunkie

ZaidaZadkiel wrote:

re: fighting police
Winners don't do it.
Also, in most cases, the cops are just waiting and salivating for the chance of kicking some ass.

I met one cop at one bar (I was passing as a guy then) and we started talking and he was like, "I joined the cops in order to kick ass. I don't care about law or whatever."

That scared me, and I left him talking alone. I hope he doesn't remember me.

Raskol wrote:

That's interesting, I had a psychology professor who knew a cop diagnosed with anti-social behavior. According to my ex-professor, the officer claimed to have picked up a hooker for fellatio. While she was sucking, he blew her brains out (with a gun, not his dick). the psychology professor asked the cop why he did it, his response was "I wanted to know what it felt like." Let me point out that this all happened in the back of the police car. How does he get away with it? I have no clue.

Wow, what the hell?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:22 am Reply with quote  
Meat

mrsitar wrote:
ZaidaZadkiel wrote:

Winners don't do it.
Also, in most cases, the cops are just waiting and salivating for the chance of kicking some ass.

I met one cop at one bar (I was passing as a guy then) and we started talking and he was like, "I joined the cops in order to kick ass. I don't care about law or whatever."

Raskol wrote:

That's interesting, I had a psychology professor who knew a cop diagnosed with anti-social behavior. According to my ex-professor, the officer claimed to have picked up a hooker for fellatio. While she was sucking, he blew her brains out (with a gun, not his dick). the psychology professor asked the cop why he did it, his response was "I wanted to know what it felt like." Let me point out that this all happened in the back of the police car. How does he get away with it? I have no clue.

Wow, what the hell?

yea dude but in truth I've heard about scarier stuff then that going on in the police force from pedophile murderers to bat crap crazy serial killer high ranking cops who tricked other cops into helping. and i like stormy ive seen most of the threads he makes they can be really interesting or a lil funny but hes my kind of thinker :p so keep up the threads stormy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:04 am Reply with quote  
Shit-Posting Jaggernaut

Thanks for the compliments, silversmith

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:01 am Reply with quote  
Meat

no problem bro

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:05 am Reply with quote  
Terminator X

kom wrote:
i browse the forums occasionally, and i must say stormtrooper of death starts the most retarded threads, over and over again. are you like 15?

rude.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:10 am Reply with quote  
Terminator X

Here's an idea.

How about not getting involved? Thumbs Up

No ideal or belief is worth losing an eye let alone your life for. Especially when you're seeking advice and suggestions on self-defense from this lot.

Self-defense - Take a self-defense course
Legal defense - That's a task only you are responsible for

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:24 pm Reply with quote  
Meat

kinda hard to put it better then that i guess

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:54 am Reply with quote  
Cyberjunkie

mrsitar wrote:
ZaidaZadkiel wrote:

Winners don't do it.

Raskol wrote:

Wow, what the hell?

Not quite as extreme, but a recent one: http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2010/12/17/the-video-the-shooting-of-john-t-williams

g8rvalle wrote:
No ideal or belief is worth losing an eye let alone your life for.

I could not disagree more.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cyberpunk Review Forum Index » Virtual Meatspace
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Jump to: